- Before you place the trap on the tree puncture the trap with an awl or with the suspension wire to both points marked with an X.
- The trap must not touch any leaves and branches and must not be exposed to direct sunlight (Mount it inside the crown of the tree and in the middle of its height).
- Application dosage: One trap per tree with 50 traps maximum per decare. The suspension of the trap must take place after the fructification and before the fruit starts to mature.
- In the case that from the time of suspension until the period of harvest more than 2.5 months go by, new traps must be reapplied.
- If you wish to protect individual trees it is recommended that surrounded trees are also protected since they may have the bug and that more than one trap per tree are used.
Potential problems, diagnosis and treatments
- The traps that are exposed to the sun lose their insecticidal operation and their green color. These traps are not effective and should be replaced immediately.
- The traps that were hanged without being punctured will not work; activate them by puncturing the points indicated.
- The result of their action is not as desired when not placed in the correct dosage. Check the number of traps per decare.
- Rainfalls during the critical for Fruit flies months that in total exceed the 150 millimeters launder the insecticide (Deltamethrin) from the surface of the trap. Replace the traps.
- You can’t see the flies on top of the trap or underneath it? The insect does not stick to the trap but is exterminated a few minutes later away from the trap.
The maximum duration of the trap is 2.5 months.
TEMPORAL STABILITY: keep it in its original carton in a cool and dark place away from strong odors. It retains its effectiveness for one year.
PRECAUTIONS: Keep away from food, beverages and animal feeds. Do not eat or smoke while using it and avoid contact with skin and eyes. Wear suitable gloves. In case of insufficient ventilation use the appropriate breathing apparatus.
FIRST AID: If you feel sick, seek medical advice. In case of irritation of the eyes wash immediately with abundant water and consult an eye doctor. In case of irritation of the skin wash with abundant water and soap and ask for doctor’s advice.
This post is also available in: Greek, French, Italian, Spanish